- 1 12 oz. bottle maple syrup
- 1–2 vanilla beans (grade A preferred)
Remove any labels you wish from the bottle of syrup, and open it.
With the tip of a very sharp knife, split open a vanilla bean and put it into the bottle. Replace the lid, screwing it on tightly.
Shake the bottle well to help loosen up the vanilla beans. Refrigerate the syrup for two weeks to allow the flavor of the vanilla to permeate the syrup.
Your syrup is now ready to serve. You can heat it before serving for a stronger flavor and a thinner consistency.
- For the best flavor and look, look for grade A, amber colored pure maple syrup. It looks best in a clear glass bottle, so that you can easily see the vanilla bean inside. A darker colored syrup will be less pretty but just as delicious.
- This syrup makes a perfect gift! You can even buy it in bulk and put it into smaller bottles, like these ones. Pop in your vanilla bean, give it a shake, and it’s ready to give away!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Refrigeration Time: 2+ weeks
- Category: Breakfast and Brunch
- Method: Refrigeration
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: real maple syrup, vanilla bean, vanilla bean maple syrup