Looking for a way to wow with Christmas breakfast? Look no further than Peppermint Bark Stuffed French Toast! It’s decadent and worthy of any celebration, and is simple to make too!
For the French Toast:
- 12 slices of French bread, 1 1/2″ thick
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
For the Filling:
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3/4 cup peppermint bark, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 4–6 Tbsp. butter, for the griddle
For Toppings & Garnishes:
- Peppermint bark
- Whipped cream
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup chopped chocolate
- Stale bread will soak up the custard better, which makes for better french toast. If you don’t have stale bread, just slice up the bread and allow it to sit out for an hour or two if possible.
- You can buy the peppermint bark, but why not make your own? It’s simple and delicious! Click here to see the recipe and pin it.
- Most of the components can be prepped ahead of time — the filling, chocolate ganache for topping, bread slicing, etc.– making for a quicker, easier breakfast
- Any leftover filling you may have is delicious as a cream cheese schmear on bagels!
- If you would prefer to bake this as a casserole, cut the bread into 3/4″ slices, spread the filling between them and lay in a large casserole baking dish. Increase the milk to a full cup, pour the custard over the top and allow it to sit overnight. Bake at 350F for 50 minutes to an hour, or until the top is golden brown. Top with garnishes and serve warm.
- Category: Breakfast & Brunch
- Method: Pan Frying
- Cuisine: American, French
Keywords: French Toast, peppermint bark, christmas breakfast