This grilled flatbread recipe is simple with wholesome, fresh ingredients that are prefect for summer evenings.
- 1 grilled flatbread (recipe above)
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 2 cloves of freshly minced garlic
- 2 tomatoes, sliced (heirloom preferred)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Balsamic glaze
- Large flake sea salt
In a small pan melt the 2 Tbsp. of butter, then add the minced garlic and cook for a minute or two until the garlic becomes fragrant. Spread the garlic butter on your grilled flatbread, then spread the tomatoes over it.
Drizzle the balsamic glaze over the top of the tomatoes. You can do as little or as much as you like, just remember that it’s a reduction so has a fairly strong flavor.
Sprinkle generously with parmesan, place the basil leaves over the top, and sprinkle with a bit of sea salt. Cut and serve immediately.
- While any tomato will be delicious, you’ll get amazing flavor from heirloom tomatoes. Freshly grown and picked is mind blowing, but any flavorful variety will be great!
- I get this kind of Balsamic glaze from Costco (it’s a lot less expensive there!), but any kind you can find at your store will work well.
- Category: Flatbreads
- Method: grilling
- Cuisine: Breads
Keywords: grilled flatbread, garlic butter, basil, tomato