- 3 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 cups quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons chai spice mix
- 6 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 6 Tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 325°. Place a rack in the center of the oven, between the top and the bottom.
- Line a large baking sheet (13″x18″) with parchment paper. If you don’t have a large baking sheet, two smaller ones will work just as well! Make sure they have sides all the way around so your granola doesn’t slide off when you’re moving them.
- Set out a large mixing bowl and combine the dry ingredients. That’s both kinds of oats, rice cereal, nuts, flax seed meal, chai spice mix, and salt. Stir it all up well so that everything’s more or less evenly distributed.
- In a liquid measuring cup, measure out the wet ingredients. Melt the coconut oil and butter, then allow them to cool. Stir in the maple syrup and vanilla extract.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry. Stir well until all of the dry goods are damp and coated in the wet ingredients.
- Spread out the granola on the parchment lined baking sheet. Try to get it into a uniform, even layer.
- Bake the chai spiced granola for 30 minutes. Depending on your oven, it may take longer. The edges of the pan should be golden brown. You may want to turn the sheet halfway through the baking time.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and use a rubber spatula to press down on the granola. This helps create bigger clumps.
- Allow the granola to cool completely. Then, scoop it off of the baking sheet into an airtight container or bag.
- Store the granola in an airtight container or jar. You can also use zippered bags.The chai spiced granola will keep in a dark, cool place for up to two weeks. Alternatively, you can store it in the freezer for up to three months.
Tips for Getting Bigger Chunks in Your Granola
- Don’t stir the granola while it’s baking! This breaks up all of the chunks as they’re forming. Instead, spread them in an even layer in your pan. Rotate it halfway through the baking time for more even, uniform baking.
- After the granola has finished baking, use the back of a spoon or a rubber spatula to press the granola into the pan.
- Allow it to cool completely before scooping it off the baking trays. This allows the clumps to solidify.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Breakfast Cereals
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Breakfast
Keywords: chai spiced granola, chunky granola, granola clusters,