Blueberry Chocolate Scones are soft, tender, and simple to make. They’re made even more delicious with the addition of chocolate chunks and blueberries.
- 2 cups + 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. Turbinado sugar
- I used dried blueberries, NOT freeze dried blueberries. They have a similar texture to (but much better flavor than) raisins. You could also use fresh, though they may burst when you’re mixing them in as the dough is fairly stiff.
- For the top of the scones, I used Zulka sugar, but any large grain sugar (such as turbinado) will work well.
- I chopped up chocolate bars for these, but you can also use chocolate chips if you prefer!
- Want cute little mini scones? Just split your dough in half, and press it into two rounds about 5 inches across. Cut them into 8 wedges and reduce your baking time to 14-16 minutes.
- Category: Pastries
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Scones, blueberry Chocolate