Blueberry Chocolate Scones are soft, tender, and simple to make. They’re made even more delicious with the addition of chocolate chunks and blueberries.
- 2 cups (280 g) + 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup (50 g) white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup (6 oz./180 mL) + 2 Tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/4 (3 oz.) cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 2 Tbsp. Turbinado sugar
Preheat oven to 400° line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the 2 cups of flour, baking powder, white sugar, and salt and stir together. Mix together 3/4 cup of the cream with the honey and slowly pour the mixture into the flour while the mixer with a dough hook attached is still running. Continue mixing until combined into a smooth dough.
Toss the dried blueberries in the extra tablespoon of flour, then add them and the chocolate chips to the dough and stir them in by hand. Remove the dough from the bowl onto the parchment lined baking sheet and press it into a circle about 1″ thick and 7-8″ in diameter. Using a sharp knife or bench knife, cut the circle into eighths. Brush the top with the 2 Tbsp. cream and sprinkle the turbinado sugar over the top.
Bake the scones for 20-25 minutes, or until the tops a deep golden brown and they are no longer doughy if you slightly separate the spaces between the sections. Best if served slightly warm, but will keep in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- I used dried blueberries, NOT freeze dried blueberries. They have a similar texture to (but much better flavor than) raisins. You could also use fresh, though they may burst when you’re mixing them in as the dough is fairly stiff.
- For the top of the scones, I used Zulka sugar, but any large grain sugar (such as turbinado) will work well.
- I chopped up chocolate bars for these, but you can also use chocolate chips if you prefer!
- Want cute little mini scones? Just split your dough in half, and press it into two rounds about 5 inches across. Cut them into 8 wedges and reduce your baking time to 14-16 minutes.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pastries
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Scones, blueberry Chocolate