- 3 cups buttermilk (or 6 T lemon juice+ 3 cups whole milk)
- 3 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Honey
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/5 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 1/2–2 cups berries
- 3/4 cup chopped chocolate/chocolate chips
Start by lining a half sheet pan (they measure 13″x18″) with parchment paper and greasing both the paper and any exposed pan edges with baking spray. Preheat the oven to 425f.
Whisk together the flour, lemon zest, baking powder and soda, and salt together in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, combine the buttermilk, eggs, honey, and melted butter, then pour it into the dry ingredients. Whisk them all together until they’re well combined in a batter.
Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet, then sprinkle any toppings you want on top.
Place the tray in the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the pancakes are golden brown on top and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve warm with any topping you wish.
- If you don’t have buttermilk on hand, no problem! Simply place 6 tablespoons of lemon juice in the bottom of your measuring cup, then add milk (preferably whole) until it measures 3 cups. Let it sit for 5-8 minutes, or until the milk has thickened and looks slightly curdled.
- I baked these pancakes in a half sheet pan that measures 18″x13″, which is perfect for feeding a crowd. However, if you only need breakfast for a few the rest of the pancakes can be refrigerated and reheated for a few seconds in the microwave for an even quicker breakfast!
- You can bake toppings into the sheet pan pancakes (and I’ve included a list of different ideas!), or bake them plain and dress them up when servings.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
Keywords: baked pancakes, sheet pan pancakes, meal prep, easy breakfast